Our School

Bramble Brae School serves part of Northfield in Aberdeen. During 2011 –
’12 the P1 – 7 roll varied between 170 and 176. At the time of writing, our
forecast P1 – 7 roll for August 2013 is 165 pupils. Additionally, we continue to
offer a further 40 pupil places within our nursery which is fully subscribed with
a substantial waiting list and good attendance. Bramble Brae pupils (P1 – 7)
are drawn from the school’s own defined catchment zone. Additionally, a
significant number of pupils presently attend Bramble Brae School who are
zoned to other schools across the wider Northfield area.
Bramble Brae is a compact, adapted nursery/infant building constructed
originally in the early 1950s and converted to an “all-through” school around
1980. The building is located around one third of the way down Cummings
Park Drive, fairly centrally within the Northfield area of Aberdeen and within a
quarter of a mile of Northfield Academy itself. Over 2011 – ’12, approximately
75% of our pupils were “in zone.” The remaining 25% of pupils were enrolled
at Bramble Brae as a result of parental placing requests. However, it should
be underlined that the pattern of pupil enrolments across the wider Northfield
area is fairly complex, with significant numbers of pupils attending primary
schools other than that which they are zoned to attend.